Studying abroad can be one of the best experiences a student has in life. 87% of young people are interested in developing their professional career outside of their country according to a study carried out by Círculo de Formación, a consultancy firm specialising in this matter.
This means that there is a growing interest in training, studying and developing a professional career outside of our borders.
But is this experience worth it?
In this article we are going to tell you about the benefits of when a student completes a stay abroad.
What are the most important advantages of studying abroad?
Not only is it an experience to improve in the professional field, but it has a lot of benefits on a personal level too.
These are some of the most prominent:
- Improving social skills: This will be a great help to students. Adapting to a new culture and coping when starting new interpersonal relationships will be a way to improve the communication and social skills of students. In addition, this is something highly valued by the human resources department of companies. Therefore, they will get an experience of great value on a personal and professional level.
- Learning a language: the best way to learn a language is to do it in the place where the native language is practiced. For what reason? Native teachers, the possibility of knowing the customs of the country and listening to the language everywhere allows you to sharpen your hearing and learn much faster. For students, there are much more practical methods of learning the language implemented.
- Improving the CV: Students are constantly preparing themselves to obtain more competent professional positions in the market. There are things that can make a difference in achieving this, including these types of experiences. English is a practically indispensable language that most companies demand, learning it where it is spoken natively and having this experience on their CV will make students stand out in the selection process.
- Initial contact: What better way to establish yourself professionally in the future than actually living in the country? Most of the time, this experience involves building a network of contacts and friends, which will be of great use to students.
- Self-realisation: here is no better way to mature and learn to manage yourself than having an experience like this. Living in an unfamiliar environment and without family support can be hard, but at the same time this situation can give students the maturity and a mindset that helps them feel more fulfilled as a person.
Of course, there is no need to worry about the studying abroad being approved as we take care of this procedure and manage the entire process so that your children have an unforgettable experience.
Feel free to ask us any questions you might have, we will be happy to help and give you advice in detail. Please, visit our Academic Year Abroad Programme in order to have further information.
We have an extensive experience of more than 20 years in this sector to help us, help you.